Easy, effective tools to support people and technology
Go Mobile – Supporting and Using Mobile Devices
From smartphones to tablets to laptops, mobile devices have become a business necessity – tools we can't live without. With GoToAssist you can provide support to mobile devices and their users AND deliver remote support from your own mobile devices. Now both you and your users have the freedom to work on the go while always maintaining a strong support connection.
Providing Support to Mobile Devices
Deliver support to mobile devices and their users with GoToAssist Remote Support. Support features vary depending upon mobile device and manufacturer. Take advantage of full screen sharing, remote control, end-user uploaded screenshots, chat and more to troubleshoot and resolve mobile device issues fast.
It’s a mobile, BYOD world. Be prepared with GoToAssist!
Support Android devices
- For Samsung Android devices with OS versions 2.3.x, 4.0.x and 4.1.x, technicians can deliver support with full screen sharing, remote control and chat. To start, technicians can instruct their customers or employees to download the GoToAssist (Customer) app from Google Play to their mobile devices. Technicians can then follow the usual steps to start a GoToAssist remote support session, and customers can join the session from their Android devices.
- For all other Android devices OS 2.3.x and newer, technicians can directly chat with the end user to provide support via the chat window, and end users can upload screenshots and files to share with technicians.
- End users can also request help using Customer-Initiated Support from any Android device. End users instantly connect with available technicians using web-based chat, and they can upload screenshots and files to share with technicians.
Supporting iPhones and iPads
- Technicians can chat with end users to discover issues.
- End users can capture iPhone (iOS 6+) screenshots and share with technician via chat.
- GoToAssist integrates with the iPhone configuration utility to configure device settings.
- Technicians can specify each shared configuration profile’s “time to live” and share profiles directly via chat.
- End users can also request help using Customer-Initiated Support directly from their iPhones or iPad. End users instantly connect with available technicians using web-based chat, and they can upload screenshots and files to share with the technicians.